TOM GILLISPIE'S QUICK BIO
• I was a newspaperman for 25 years, mostly as a writer and copy editor. I was an auto-racing writer from 1987 to 1999 for newspapers, and I covered all of the usual sports plus off-the-beaten-path sports like bodybuilding, rugby, long-distance running and cycling.
• I started freelancing in 1990 with Winston Cup Scene and have since written for most of the top auto-racing magazines. I've done freelance work for The Miami Herald (basketball), The Baltimore Sun (football) and The Washington Post (auto racing), among other newspapers, and my magazine credits include Sports Illustrated (a short basketball feature) and The Sporting News' preseason auto-racing edition.
• I've written three books and co-written another, and have had four comic-book scripts published. All of the books and comic books are about auto racing.
• Since 2000, I have written for the Winston-Salem (N.C.) Journal on subjects ranging from sports to history to wine to fitness or dancing to fishing and hunting (and more).
• On my list of local credits: The Business Journal of the Greater Triad, The Associated Press, Winston-Salem Monthly magazine, WS Works magazine, and Sparks magazine.
• I've also edited or proofread several dozen books, both fiction and non-fiction.
Interests: writing and editing, sports, football, auto racing, dogs, mysteries, sci-fi books and movies, classic books and movies, country/western and rock 'n' roll music, Beethoven, Scrabble, U.S. history and more
CONTACT: Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.
EDITOR@WORK blog entries
More blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists
Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie
Entries from The Dog Blog
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)