Tuesday, December 20, 2022

REMEMBERING FAMOUS HORSES


SECRETARIAT - Full Documentary

I was just reading Twitter, and this popped up: WITHOUT GOOGLING Can you name a famous horse?

Naturally, Secretariat comes to mind, as do Affirmed and Alydar, plus Man O War and Seabiscuit. So do cowboy horses like Trigger (Roy Rogers) and Champion (Gene Autry), not to mention lesser-known famous horses like Topper (William Boyd/Hopalong Cassidy), Blackjack (Allen "Rocky" Lane), Cochise (John Wayne), Pie (Jimmy Stewart) and Tarzan (Ken Maynard).

There's no point in mentioning Coco (Rex Allen).

I loved horses when I was a kid. I guess I still do.

(I imagine I have forgotten other big names.)

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

KRISTI NOEM and CRICKET

Kristi Noem confronted about farm pup in tense exchange: 'You need to stop' KRISTI NOEM and CRICKET Hunting dog experts weigh in aft...