Saturday, April 1, 2017

Game time; getting into a basketball game

YEARS AGO, I was supposed to cover a high-school basketball game for the local newspaper. The game was in another county, and they'd probably never heard of my newspaper, much less me.

For some reason, I took along a sports section featuring my column and photo. When the girl at the front asked for credentials, I said, "I don't have credentials, but I have this." I handed her the newspaper. She saw my photo, then looked back up at me.

Her principal came up and asked what was wrong. She said that I worked for the Wilmington newspaper.

And they let me in. For some reason, I never carried a newspaper to a game again (or before, for that matter).

Related posts



EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK
Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

NFL VIDEOS

The MOST Insane NFL Record NO ONE Ever Talks About NFL VIDEOS YouTube page Greatest Trick Play From Every NFL Team Caught in the Draft - 199...