Tuesday, August 18, 2026

MY NEW READING LIST

Normally, I watch videos or movies, but, lately, I've been enjoying novels.

Now, I'm reading Goldfinger, the spy novel by Ian Fleming. Interestingly, Auric Golfinger is British; I assume that Gert Frobe, Goldfinger in the movie, was German.

It's my second James Bond book, after Dr. No.

I just listened to a presentation of Agatha Christie's Death on the Nile. I'd seen the David Suchet movie, but I'd forgotten how the book ended. It was sad.

I listened to the BBC presentation of H.G. Wells' The Time Machine. It was frightening in spots.

I just finished listening to The Dutch Shoe Mystery by Ellery Queen. I guessed part of the mystery, but there was more to it.

I'm reading Right Ho, Jeeves, a novel by P.G. Wodehouse. It's strange (funny), and I like it. Jeeves, the butler, is the brains of the operation, but his boss, Wooster, thinks HE is.

I just listened the short version of the mystery novel 4:50 From Paddington by Agatha Christie. I had no idea who the culprit was.

I read another Craig Johnson/Walt Longmire mystery, An Obvious Fact. Walt, Henry Standing Bear and Vic Moretti are all involved, as are the local cops in South Dakota.

I finished Christmas Cookie Murder, a Leslie Meier/Lucy Stone mystery. It was only a domestic story until the murder; then, it was better. I liked it.

I just finished reading a Craig Johnson/Walt Longmire book called Return to Sender. Sheriff Longmire is helping his late wife's cousin find a postal carrier who disappeared on her 307-mile route. He found her, but it was a mess.

I just finished The Metropolitan Opera Murders by Helen Traubel. She knew what she was talking about; Helen Francesca Traubel was an American opera and concert singer. She was a dramatic soprano, best known for her Wagnerian roles,

And, yes, the book is about a murder during a Wagnerian (pronounced VAG-ner) opera. It was well done. I really liked the lead lieutenant and the lead singer.

☆☆☆


☆☆☆


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  BLUESKY: PROFILE



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

UKRAINE vs. RUSSIA

UKRAINE vs. RUSSIA Russia Breaks Down ☆☆☆ Russia's Just Had The Worst Loss of The Year ☆☆☆ EXPOSED: Ukraine traps 6,500 Russian troops i...