Wednesday, May 13, 2026

STRANGE NEW WORLDS: SEASON 4

STRANGE NEW WORLDS: SEASON 4

After two straight episodes that I hated, episode six of the fourth season of Strange New Worlds gets my seal of approval.

I wanted to give episode one (Valles Marineris) a 10, and Off-Hour gets my 10. I liked this one even better than the Martian episode.

I really didn't want Dr. M'Benga to die. I knew Chapel, Spock and Scotty would make it, but I wasn't sure about M'Benga, who was the beta-shift doctor in sickbay in Star Trek. So M'Benga's still around, but Dr. Boyce is the chief medical officer, as he was supposed to be.

This disaster episode carried drama throughout, and I loved the ending. It makes up for A Case of Chiaroscuro and the puppet episode, sort of.

Episode six felt like Star Trek.

I didn't expect to like the puppet episode (Level-Five Transporter Accident) of Strange New Worlds, and I didn't. I liked portions of it (especially the Pelia doll and Spock's conversation with the Orion male), but most of it was silly. The dream ending made me think of Bobby Ewing and Susanne Pleshette and their dream endings in previous TV shows.

I'd give it a three out of 10.

Strange New World's win streak is over. I didn't like episode four of season four, A Case of Chiaroscuro. The black and white was attractive, but it had nothing to do with the plot. And I didn't care much for the plot.

I'd give it a four out of 10.

I just watched episode three of season four, Human Best Friend. Weirdly, I loved every minute of it (my third in a row). Pike's face tattoos were weird, but I enjoyed the relationship between Scotty and Ortegas. Number One's song (Total Eclipse of the Heart, in Klingon) was wonderful, and Uhura was strange.

It reminded me of former strange Star Trek episodes, like Shore Leave and The Trouble with Tribbles. Plus Picard and Vash on Risa. On steroids. I loved the aliens, and Pike's hug.

It's either a nine or a 10. Let me watch it again.

I normally hate horror movies or episodes, but I enjoyed the season-four episode of Strange New Worlds, The Griffin Incident.

I spent the whole episode on the edge of my seat (even those I was lying down); at least twice, I felt something cold creep around the back of my neck or the side of my leg. I was feeling the creeps.

I was stunned when La'an stabbed Kirk, when Erica Ortegas was caught up in the transporter, when Sam Kirk was blown out of the ship, when T'Pring cut off Spock's ear and when Pike cut off his hand. The look on Pike's face with the knife in hand was frightening.

It was disturbing, though, that we knew no more at the end than we did in the beginning.

Tentatively, I'll give it an eight of 10. I may revise it later. And I suspect I'll watch episode two again.

I loved the first episode of the fourth season of Strange New Worlds. It's the first time I've loved an episode of the show since season two.

I enjoyed the time-travel aspect and the Mars aspect of Valles Marineris. I hated what happened to the Martians, but it HAD to happen. I loved the Martian commander.

I'm tempted to give it a nine out of 10. Or better. I'll watch it again ... and again.


✵✵✵

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  BLUESKY: PROFILE



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

2026 COLLEGE-FOOTBALL HIGHLIGHTS

2026 COLLEGE-FOOTBALL HIGHLIGHTS NC State Wolfpack vs. Virginia Cavaliers | Full Game Highlights | ESPN College Football ☆☆☆ Jacksonville St...