Friday, April 1, 2022

THROWING OUT THE FIRST PITCH


I HAVE A POST
on The Auto Racing Blog in which I recalled Lake Speed throwing out the ceremonial first can of Spam (his sponsor) at a minor-league baseball game.

I like to tweet something out about that post, so I was looking for a good GIF of someone throwing out a first pitch.

I found a GIF of an old man throwing to another old man, and I couldn't tell who the pitcher was. All I could tell was that he knew his way around a pitching mound, and he had great form and some pop on that pitch.

After using that GIF two or three times, I realized that it was hall-of-famer Nolan Ryan, probably the greatest pitcher never to win a Cy Young award. That video above is what you see on the pitching GIF.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK


BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

OUTER LIMITS EPISODE "Cold Hands, Warm Heart"

OUTER LIMITS EPISODE "Cold Hands, Warm Heart" I'm just now watching the Outer Limits episode Cold Hands, Warm Heart . William...