Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Duck, dummy!

I just remembered the first time I tried to take a baseball photo. It was 1980, and I was at a high-school practice in Oconee County, S.C.

I was sitting on a bench and adjusting the long lens on my camera. I heard the crack of a bat, and I saw the ball get bigger and bigger through the lens. I ducked to the right, felt the spin of the ball move my hair and heard the ball hit a young player in the ribs.

That could have been my camera and my head.

It took me a while (maybe a couple of years) to get good at baseball photos. Still, I learned from this beginning; always stay alert.

And duck, dummy.

 EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be Eand would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

NFL VIDEOS

The MOST Insane NFL Record NO ONE Ever Talks About NFL VIDEOS YouTube page Greatest Trick Play From Every NFL Team Caught in the Draft - 199...