Tuesday, February 9, 2016

OOPS! I shouldn't have re-read that article

OOPS!

I pride myself in being a good writer and better editor, but I made a mistake yesterday; I re-read one of my old stories.

The problem was I found what I consider an inexcusable mistake for a writer; I used "is" when "are" would have been correct.

I was appalled, and I immediately hope that the magazine or newspaper editor I was dealing with caught it. It happened so long ago that I don't even know who the editor would have been.

I've made my share of mistakes over the year, but it still bugs me. I HATE mistakes.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

GEORGIA BULLDOGS FOOTBALL

Ladd McConkey Is Not the Prospect You Think He Is GEORGIA BULLDOGS FOOTBALL This Big Change With Carson Beck Will Win UGA Football the Natio...