Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Watching Netflix DVDs

For the last few months, I've been getting DVDs from Netflix and watching movies and TV shows.

I've watched new movies like the most recent Star Trek and Star Wars movies, and old movies like John Wayne westerns and Teahouse of the August Moon.


Today, I watched the 1997 Super Bowl featuring Green Bay and New England (the Packers won 35-21). I've seen old highlights before, but this is the first time I'd watched a specific game.


I already knew who won, but I didn't remember some of the things that had happened in the game. So I enjoyed it. I also liked the fact that they showed mostly action, with a little between-play commentary sprinkled in there.


John Madden and the late Pat Summerall handled the commentary. As Madden would say: BOOM!


Note: I won't get any more of the individual games, only the folly disks and other collections. Most of the games are from the '90s on, and the rest are from the '80s. I'd like to see games from the '70s on back.

If I'm going to watch the Packers on DVD, I'd like to see Bart Starr, Don Hutson and some of the other greats from the past. I remember Brett Favre quite well.


Note: I've found better old games on YouTube for free (or having to watch commercials). And, yes, I watched two Super Bowls with Bart Starr.

Note: If you're outside the U.S., you might check out this website about Netflix.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com TWITTER: EDITORatWORK.
Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

NFL VIDEOS

The MOST Insane NFL Record NO ONE Ever Talks About NFL VIDEOS YouTube page Greatest Trick Play From Every NFL Team Caught in the Draft - 199...