Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wooden's condition

I WAS A LITTLE STUNNED when my wife told me that a newspaper was reporting that former UCLA coach/legend John Wooden had died. I didn't feel much better later when she said that they're reporting now that he's in grave condition.

Wooden, 99, was a big part of my youth, as I followed college basketball. The UCLA Bruins won 10 titles under Wooden, the first man to become a college hall of famer as both a coach and player. Wooden, so calm on the bench and always ready to give advice, seemed special to me.

It's funny, but my biggest memory of Wooden is him sitting quietly on the bench with his legs crossed, holding a folded piece of paper.

No comments:

GEORGIA BULLDOGS FOOTBALL

Ladd McConkey Is Not the Prospect You Think He Is GEORGIA BULLDOGS FOOTBALL This Big Change With Carson Beck Will Win UGA Football the Natio...