Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A good read about football

Touch football: I found a cool Washington Post story about a touch football game that's been played every Sunday since 1967. Doesn't say if it's just during football season or all year round; actually, it may have said, I just didn't see it.

It reminded me of us playing flag football in college (circa 1971-73). We didn't have first downs; in our case, if you didn't score a touchdown in six plays, you turned the ball over on downs.


************

Spam: Someone left spam on a comment on this blog today. Naturally, I deleted it.

************

The Sea-Wolf: I've read Jack London's The Sea-Wolf five times. Yesterday, I found a used copy at Edward McKay (a used-book store), so No. 6 is coming.

More later.


More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

GEORGIA BULLDOGS FOOTBALL

Ladd McConkey Is Not the Prospect You Think He Is GEORGIA BULLDOGS FOOTBALL This Big Change With Carson Beck Will Win UGA Football the Natio...