Thursday, January 11, 2024

MY FAVORITE STAR TREK CHARACTERS


STAR TREK Strange New Worlds Season 3 is About to Change EVERYTHING!

I've often thought about my favorite characters on the various Star Trek franchises. Sometimes, they've changed.

My favorite regular character on Star Trek: The Original Series was Montgomery Scott, Scotty, with Spock a fairly close No. 2. My favorite spot character? Harry Mudd. Harcourt Fenton Mudd got more out of two episodes than one could expect.

Data was my favorite character on The Next Generation, with Tasha Yar No. 2. I was heartbroken when Tasha was killed off. I guess it wasn't the worst thing that happened, though; Denise Crosby wasn't getting much to do, anyway, and they later brought her back as herself or a Romulan relative.

I have two favorites on Deep Space Nine: Quark and Garak. I enjoyed other DS9 folk, but these two shady characters added a little extra sparkle to the show. My favorite part-time character was Vic Fontaine. Sometimes, he seemed like the wisest person on the show, and James Darren was a heck of a singer.

I had a hard time picking a fave on Voyager. I'd have to go with the Doctor (he had no name), the EMH. My favorite part-time characters were Lon Suder (a murderer who redeemed himself) and Seamus, a holodeck character. Fair Haven seems like it would be a pretty fair place to live, if the holodeck didn't go down.

Enterprise is the easiest of the five original Star Treks to pick a favorite. Phlox, the doctor, is my favorite character. My favorite part-timer is Porthos, the beagle. The captain just keeps giving him too much cheese.

Of the recent shows, I can only talk about Strange New Worlds. I don't watch the others.

My favorites on SNW are Christopher Pike from the first season (he had less to do the second season) and Christine Chapel. My fave part-timer is T'Pring. We didn't see much of her in Amok Time, but I like this T'Pring. I don't know what kind of wife she'd be, but she's perfect in that character. I keep looking for Stonn, though.


* * *
EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS

What If We Just...Stopped Working? Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS 5 Small Town Side Hustles That Make Big Money Business Skills That Make Milli...