Sunday, August 14, 2022

FINDING NOAH AND TUVIX



TUVIX

I ENJOY A TV show called Danger Man, which featured Patrick McGoohan as a NATO troubleshooter. I was just watching an episode called The Traitor, and I saw a familiar face. The traitor was played by the same guy who starred in Sherlock Holmes, a TV show from 1954.

Ronald Howard did a nice job of making the traitor believable but sympathetic to the audience (me). Howard was the son of renowned actor Leslie Howard (The Scarlet Pimpernel and Gone With the Wind).

HOLLY AND I
 were watching Danger Man last night, and I recognized a face. The credits listed Beverly Garland, a well-known actress from the '50s and '60s. I had seen her on several shows over the years, and she starred for a season in Decoy.

I looked her up on Wikipedia and decided to watch the first episode of Decoy. I instantly recognized another face -- Joanna Linville, the Romulan commander from Star Trek.

WE ALSO WATCHED a lot of Steve Canyon while it lasted, and I recognized an Air Force crewman in one episode. It was Leonard Nimoy, Spock from Star Trek.

I WAS JUST WATCHING a British show called Midsomer Murders, and I recognized a young woman's voice (the face came later). She's Honeysuckle Weeks, the driver for Christopher Foyle on the British drama Foyle's War.

In another Midsomer episode, I recognized James Bolam of New Tricks, another British TV show. All I could remember was Jack, his character on New Tricks.

I'M WATCHING a British TV show called New Tricks and recognized Samantha Bond, one of the women who played Miss Moneypenny in the James Bond series. Ironically (or not), two of the main characters were going into a spy facility, and one of the characters said, "After you, Moneypenny." He could have called him Bond, but he didn't. I wonder why. Could he have been referring to Samantha Bond?

I JUST WATCHED the trailer for an Australian TV show called Seachange. The lead lady looked just so familiar and I thought of Sigrid Thornton, one of the stars of the Aussie western The Man From Snowy River. As it turns out, Sigrid Thornton DID star in Seachange from 1998 to 2000.

I'M WATCHING a 1953 movie called Project Moonbase, and the whole thing is kind of silly. It's supposedly the future of 1970, and they'll be flying a capsule around the moon before establishing a moon base.

The astronauts are not wearing space suits or helmets, and they're screaming at the pain of the extra Gs of takeoff. There's a saboteur onboard who is replacing an untrained scientist. And their hats look like they were used in Flash Gordon.

One other thing, the President of the United States is a woman.

Finally, the soundtrack is better than everything else.

I WAS JUST WATCHING an episode of Criminal Minds called Honor Among Thieves, and Kate Jackson (Charlie's Angels) was playing Emily Prentiss's mother.

I JUST FOUND the 1999 movie called The Simple Life of Noah Dearborn, starring Sidney Poitier. I recognized his uncle Silas, played by former Los Angeles Ram Bernie Casey. I also recognized Mary-Louise Parker, who played Amy Gardner on The West Wing.

I won't go into the story, but I enjoyed the work of Poitier, Parker and others in the cast. I wish I could have known a Noah Dearborn.

I JUST WATCHED a fifth-season episode of The Mentalist and saw a familiar face. Tom Wright had played Tuvix, the product of Tuvok and Neelix being melded together on Star Trek: Voyager.

He was also Kevin Rome on the Mentalist episode There Will Be Blood.

RELATED POST: Recognizing T'Pring and the top Talosian

I JUST FOUND a 1956 black-and-white movie called Please Murder Me! It's interesting because Raymond Burr (Perry Mason) defended Angela Lansbury (Murder, She Wrote) in a court trial. Burr wasn't up to his Masonic standards as a lawyer, but he couldn't be; it wouldn't have seemed real. Anyway, it's a compelling movie, leaving me on the edge of my seat until the end.

I JUST SAW actress Donna Murphy on an episode of The Mentalist. She was Jean-Luc Picard's "girlfriend" in the movie Star Trek: Insurrection.

She showed off a great voice in the Mentalist episode.

IN ANOTHER MENTALIST episode, a familiar set of eyes turned to me. Meg Foster, who was the original Cagney on Cagney & Lacey, was in the fifth-season Mentalist episode called Red and Itchy. She was older, but the stunning eyes were the same.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

KRISTI NOEM and CRICKET

Kristi Noem confronted about farm pup in tense exchange: 'You need to stop' KRISTI NOEM and CRICKET Hunting dog experts weigh in aft...