Sunday, July 2, 2023

KILLING KIRK


LA'AN CALLS KIRK

I watched the third episode
of season two of Strange New Worlds on Thursday, but I haven't been able to write about it until today (Sunday). I had to think it over.

Episode 3 had more action than episode 2, which had none, and it was WAY better than episode 1. It seemed more Star Trek than the season 2 opener.

I enjoyed watching Kirk and La'An get to know each other, with him buying hot dogs and her watching him sleep through the doorway. I liked the way Kirk earned some money playing chess.

Kirk's death (I was stunned but not surprised) reminded me of Spock's in Wrath of Khan, and I had a tear in my eye when La'An called the Starfleet Kirk just to make sure he was alive. This made her seem more human than she'd seemed in season 1.

I thought the thing about finding a power source with a luminous watch was bogus, and they screwed with Khan's age (he would have been an adult in the original timeline from when Space Seed first aired in 1967).

But, overall, I can cheer.

One other positive: I could understand Carol Kane's speech easier than I did in episode 1. I guess she didn't mumble as much. YAY!

One other negative: We haven't seen much of Christopher Pike since episode 1. (And, yes, I know episode 4 will be a Pike show.)

MY THOUGHTS


RELATED CLIP: La'an calls Kirk



KIRK AND LA'AN MEET PELIA

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

KRISTI NOEM and CRICKET

Kristi Noem confronted about farm pup in tense exchange: 'You need to stop' KRISTI NOEM and CRICKET Kristi Noem defends suggesting B...