Friday, July 14, 2023

A LAUGHING SPOCK


I spent most of episode 5
of season 2 of Strange New Worlds almost in pain. The whole situation of a human Spock made me struggle. I kept stopping the episode, then going back to it.

Then when Spock and T'Pring finally got through their ritual and Christine came back to restore Spock, I was enjoying myself for the first time. Part of me wanted Spock to marry T'Pring; part of me wanted him to go with Christine.

This episode had a little bit of season 1's Spock Amok. While Spock Amok was Spock and T'Pring reversing identities, this was an almost unthinkable scenario; Spock completely human.

But it came down to Christine's dilemma, should she let Spock remain human, or should she go the tough route and return him to what he was? That's a classic Trekkian problem, and I suspect other long-time Trekkies loved it.

Was it a great episode? I don't know. In the end, I enjoyed it. And this is the fourth straight episode I've said that.

I did wonder how the interdimensional beings put their "cure" in a hypospray.

I also wondered how Leonard Nimoy would have handled this scenario. I suspect it would have been different from Ethan Peck's performance. But we'll never know.

Sadly, we're halfway through the 10-episode season.

RELATED

Star Trek Strange New Worlds 2.05 "Charades" Review - Unexpected!

Star Trek Strange New Worlds S2E5 Breakdown, EVERY EASTER EGG(WDIM News Ep. #27)

MY THOUGHTS

More Like Classic Trek



EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

MORE BLOG ENTRIES BY TOM GILLISPIE



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

KRISTI NOEM and CRICKET

Kristi Noem confronted about farm pup in tense exchange: 'You need to stop' KRISTI NOEM and CRICKET Kristi Noem defends suggesting B...