Friday, October 7, 2022

WATCHING THE REPLACEMENTS

KEANU REEVES AND GENE HACKMAN

Two things bother me every time I watch the movie THE REPLACEMENTS.

One, you wouldn't need to get a whole new group of cheerleaders during a players strike; they weren't going on strike. Still, the girls from the Pussy Cat Club (and the other would-be cheerleaders) were funny and added to the movie. They provided comic relief when the entire offensive line was offside.

Two, if Martel DID cross the picket line, there was no reason that Falco couldn't stay with the team. They just wanted to ratchet up the drama. And it was a reason to throw Martel out of the locker room at halftime.

Still, I've watched the movie several times, and I've enjoyed it every time. Although I still can't stand that stupid song.

Oh, and I love Annabelle; impossible not to.

RELATED

Whatever Happened To The Cast Of The Replacements?

All cheerleader scenes (The Replacements) *California oranges*  

THE REPLACEMENTS funny moments

SHANE FALCO QUOTE

I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS

What If We Just...Stopped Working? Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS Businesses that Always Fail? 7 Businesses with Shockingly High Failure Rates ...