Tuesday, October 18, 2022

TO ABSENT FRIENDS


I was saddened
to learn recently about my high-school class of 1971. There were 72 of us (68 graduated), and 16 are no longer with us. That's more than one-fifth of my class.

I had at least four fairly close friends, plus two or three others I knew well. Three of the four are dead, and the others are gone as well.

One of my high-school teachers emailed me the list and told me not to be upset. I wasn't upset, but I WAS saddened. (Yes, there IS a difference.)

Some day, of course, we'll all be gone, but that doesn't sadden me; just the absence of old friends. 

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS

What If We Just...Stopped Working? Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS Businesses that Always Fail? 7 Businesses with Shockingly High Failure Rates ...