Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Here's Bronko Nagurski doing something



In the 1990s, Holly and I
were visiting Ohio for her high school reunion, so she decided we should make a side trip to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.


Here's a cute story: There was a row of ancient photos across the top of a wall, and I was walking along looking at them one by one. There were no captions under the pictures. I figured Holly was behind me, so I gave a running commentary.

"Here's Bronko Nagurski doing something for the Bears, and here's Andy Robustelli doing something for the Giants. And here's Don Hutson catching a long pass for the Packers."

When I turned around, there were about 12 people walking along behind me, looking at the photos and listening to my commentary.

I only hope the information I gave was correct.


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS

What If We Just...Stopped Working? Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS 5 Small Town Side Hustles That Make Big Money Business Skills That Make Milli...