Monday, August 2, 2021

FINDING MY FAVORITE OLD MOVIES ONLINE

For years, I'd been looking for two of my favorite old movies, the baseball flick It Happens Every Spring and the screwball comedy You Can't Take It With You.

Today, I found them on ok.ru. I just finished watching It Happens..., the story of a college professor who accidentally invents a solution that repels wood, especially with a thrown baseball. Naturally, he leads the St. Louis Cardinals to the pennant.

You Can't... tells the story of an eccentric family that takes in a staid, well-to-do family featuring Edward Arnold (he's wonderful), Jimmy Stewart and Jean Arthur. I also love the work of Lionel Barrymore, but Arnold, Stewart and Arthur are the ones who change most over the course of this Frank Capra movie.

The nice thing about the baseball movie is that nearly everyone in the movie learns something or changes his/her attitude over the course of an hour and a half.

UPDATE: I just found a goldmine of John Wayne movies, including The Quiet Man, Rio Bravo, Donovan's Reef and my other favorites.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK


BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

OUTER LIMITS EPISODE "Cold Hands, Warm Heart"

OUTER LIMITS EPISODE "Cold Hands, Warm Heart" I'm just now watching the Outer Limits episode Cold Hands, Warm Heart . William...