Saturday, September 22, 2018

THANK you; a football story from the 1980s


Years ago, I was working
at a daily newspaper, and the phone rang. A country voice said, "Can you tell me the score of the Oklahoma-Kansas State game?"


"77-3," I said.

"Thank you," he replied. He hung up.

A minute or two later, the phone rang again and the same country voice said, "Can you tell me who won the Oklahoma-Kansas State game?"

I asked, "Do you really think that K-State could beat Oklahoma 77-3?" I wasn't being smart aleck; I was serious. So was he.

"Thank you."


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com TWITTER: EDITORatWORK
 


BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS

What If We Just...Stopped Working? Links to MONEY AND BUSINESS Low Risk and High Reward way to Replace your 9-5 Businesses that Always Fail?...