Thursday, August 1, 2024

SISTERS of the FRIENDLESS


I was just watching
a Peter Gunn episode called 
Sisters of the Friendless and I heard a familiar voice. Let me explain.

Gunn and the local cop (Herschel Bernardi) needed a French speaker to talk to a nun by phone in Paris. They knew a French pickpocket (Marcel Dalio), so they took him to the nuns in their local town. And he talked to a nun in Paris, embellishing his story.

I didn't recognize the face (fatter, plus mustache), but I knew that voice. He ran the roulette wheel in Casablanca, and he was the padre in Donovan's Reef. He also played Gerard (aka Frenchy) in To Have and Have Not.

And now he was on Peter Gunn. It was like finding an old friend, and this may be my favorite Gunn episode.

* * *

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK



BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

GUN SAFETY

Supporting Kamala Harris as an Anti-Gun Voter GUN SAFETY Is America Finally Ready For Gun Reform? Why Should a Teenager Have an AR-15? | A R...