Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Staying or not staying on deck

I never realized there was so much to know about the on-deck circle until I read this story in the N.Y. Times. Some major leaguers stay in the on-deck circle, and others stray far from it.

I like the idea used by little leaguers; have the guy in the on-deck circle face the batter's back. Less chance of getting hurt.


I do wonder, though, how much advantage a hitter can get by moving closer to the catcher. If it weren't an advantage, they wouldn't do it.


More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie
• Anything for a story


SpeedEditor blog entries

No comments:

Links to MINOR-LEAGUE BASEBALL

The Most INSANE Baseball Team In The WORLD The first minor-league  game I ever covered was the Charleston (SC) Rainbows (a San Diego Padres ...